Hour of Code is a global movement reaching tens of millions of students in 180+ countries taking place during Computer Science Education Week. One-hour tutorials are available in over 45 languages with no experience needed for ages 4 to 104.
Learn to Code
All students, parents and teachers are encouraged to learn & complete an hour of computer science! Throughout the week of December 3-9, we will be highlighting a larger variety of Hour of Code activities for each division, but here is a list of our favorites for this year:
For more details on these and other recommended tasks visit Hour of Code 2018 ES Activities.
- Create your own Pixel Character
- Create a 3D Flappy Bird Game
CSS Animations: Travel Through Time
Bloons Trigonometry Defense
For more details on these and other recommended tasks visit Hour of Code 2018 MS/HS Activities.
Win a Prize
Students in elementary, middle and high school are eligible to win a prize for participating in Hour of Code. You could be the lucky winner of a Wonder Workshop Dot Creativity Kit Robot or a Sphero Mini White (ES), R2-D2 App-Enabled Droid (MS), or a Robolink CoDrone Lite (HS). After completing at least one Hour of Code activity, complete the Hour of Code 2018 Registration Form (linked at the end of this article) for your specific division (ES, MS, HS) for your chance to win.
Prize Draw Rules
- Only @yisseoul.org email addresses will be able to access and submit the form
- Student must be enrolled at YISS.
- Student must complete at least one Hour of Code activity in class and/or after school.
- Only one registration per student is allowed.
- Only two winners from ES, one winner from MS and one winner from HS will be selected at random. (Maximum of 4 prizes in total.)
- Incomplete or inaccurate answers to registration questions will not qualify.
- Activities listed under "Other" may not qualify.
- Winners will be notified before December 14, 2018.